I suspect I was the one talking about confidence, on that other thread that's related to this one in many ways. Maybe that's how that crept in? (Maybe not, but it sounds right...)

I just meant that sometimes it's easier to remind yourself that you do, indeed, know better for your child than some random stranger does, and then go from there. It's an easier approach for me personally than the "just not worrying about it" approach, since then I start worrying about if I'm worrying too much... eek wink Grinity is absolutely right, I think, that it all amounts to the same thing: you really just have to find *some* way to stop worrying!

FWIW, I am a big believer in making decisions based on minimizing future regret. If I have done my best to come up with the best choice for my child, then that's all I can do. My choices may (will!) not be perfect, but if it was the best I could do given the info I had at the time, and if I really analyzed the info I had and thought it through, then I can't blame myself if I make an honest mistake. We're only human, and we cannot possibly know all there is to know.

That strategy has made a huge difference in how I feel. It hasn't really made a difference in the actual choices themselves, but it has made me feel much better about making them and about any problems we encounter after we have made them.

I think some of it is about giving yourself permission to not be perfect. This does that for me. My best is all I can give, and I've decided to be okay with that. <shrug> It helps me, and maybe it will help you?

Kriston