[quote=san54]Dear Fellow Members,

I'd appreciate hearing from those of you on this question: In your opinion/experience, can misplacement (lack of any services) cause emotional stress, anxiety, cause emotinal disturbance, thus an ED classification?

Have you seen emotional disturbance lessen when your child has been placed in the correct setting, on his/her intellectual level with true peers? Thank you. [quote=san54]

YES!!
I can tell you that my dd7 was in a private school for K4 and about 3 months of K5. She went in knowing the majority of the curiculum, but because she was "active" she was assumed to be ADHD and "low average". She ended up hitting and allegedly biting out of frustration. This school recommended intensive psychotherapy. We went to one session and the psychologist recommended moving her ASAP or getting her some acceleration, particularly in reading.

We moved her to a public school where they acelerated her in reading and allowed her to read at "rest time", etc. No more behavior issues!!!

She is now in 1st grade and doing well with a great teacher that seems to "get her". Had we attempted to stay at the private school, I fear what would have happened with dd.