Belle,
I've been meaning to get back to add my congrats on the diagnosis. It makes things so much easier when you have a name on something and know what direction to take.

It sounds like you have found a great OT. I'm not surprised that the psych didn't id dyspraxia. I have so many children that I see who are clearly dyspraxic before I even *begin* formal testing and am often shocked that a pediatrician or other professional has never spotted it. The truth is that many health care professionals just don't recognize it.

I am a bit surprised on the testing - only about the Southern California Sensory Integration Test (aka SCSIT). This is the older version of the assessment which is now updated to the Sensory Integration and Praxis Tests (SIPT). Perhaps the OT you are seeing was certified in assessment awhile back and hasn't gotten trained in the newer version of the test. The SCSIT will work just as well, but for others looking for SI certified OTs, you may be told that they are using the SIPT. This is the standardized assessment for sensory integration dysfunction and can help in identifying praxis issues as well as other types of SI dysfunction.

It sounds like your OT did a great job. I use many of the same assessments she did wink The three times a week treatment recommendation is appropriate for the intensity and frequency of OT that brings results. Many people are used to the once a week for 20 minutes that the school based OT can offer and don't realize how very little intervention that is. Using an SI approach takes 45-60 minutes per treatment session because of the therapeutic process that you take the child through in terms of sensory experiences and responses. It takes time to allow the child to process the information and formulate an appropriate response so that learning takes place in the central nervous system.

Does your OT use any adjunct treatment like Therapeutic Listening or Interactive Metronome?