Originally Posted by twallace
. I have no experience with half days at school, but I do know that kids thrive with consistency, and I would be worried how your daughter would feel being pulled out of school halfway through and not having the same experiences as the rest of her class. I have considered going to the school and taking my daughter to the library to teach her myself, that way she would still get to do the other subjects and school events with everyone.

I know a few people whose kids part-time (like only in school for special subjects, or just morning, or a midday interruption), including one of mine. My DD leaves school part of the day, and after the first week, it was just her thing, the kids just accepted it. Other kids leave the room for things -- some leave for special reading or math help from other teachers, so it's part of the routine. Based on the rules, our district wouldn't allow on-site homeschool (though we did stay to work a couple times due to circumstances). Liabilities or something. It was way more comfortable at home, more fun. I wish I'd known about it sooner, though perhaps she'd have been less comfortable doing something different when younger.