I don't have experience with wisc V so can't comment specifically on that, but we have experience with Wisc IV. My dd was tested right after she turned 8 and she is now 11. She also has a big problem with math fact fluency, however her math MAP scores are high. She does the same thing with her writing, in that each line starts further to the right than the last one. She says that when she is writing, she doesn't even really notice she's doing it. Her WISC profile is completely different though. Her perceptual reasoning score was 147 with matrix reasoning, picture concepts (which may not be on WISC V) and block design all being in the 16-19 range. I think she hit the ceiling of the test for matrix reasoning. She is very good at puzzles but has an odd way of doing them. She doesn't even look at the picture on the box half the time. She pulls pieces randomly out of the box 1 by 1 and somehow knows where tehy should go. I'm not really sure how she is able to do them that way. She says that she doesn't take them all out of the box at once because seeing too many pieces causes anxiety.
She has a dx of ADHD and an IEP and the neuropsych thinks her challenges stem from impaired executive functioning, for instance problems with organization. She did pretty poor on a test called Rey Complex Figure where her approach to it was really disorganized. With the math facts, she's not able to retrieve them from memory quickly, no matter how much effort we put into learning them, she will improve for a while in terms of speed but then any gains are lost if we don't drill all the time. He said to just do accommodations (like use a calculator). She was around 9 when he said that though, I think with most younger kids it's too soon to give up. Not sure if this helps you at all but thought i'd share our experience.