I am brand new to this board, and I probably have over one hundred questions/concerns regarding raising my 5 year old son (so please excuse me if I ramble). This board seems to have plenty of parents and professionals who have dealt with similar children and issues, and i have enjoyed reviewing the advice throughout this forum.
My son is 5 1/2 years old in a standard kindergarten. We have not had his iq tested yet (the school is going to screen soon), but I am pretty confident that he is highly gifted (I haven't ruled out 2e, but pediatrician isn't concerned). He taught himself to read before 3, can multiply double digit numbers quickly in his head, and can memorize and retain massive amounts of information.
Since you have raised similar children, I am interested to know opinions on which activities or topics of study have given you the best returns. We have just followed and supported his interests to this point, but I would like to steer him towards areas that will be of greater future benefit. Are there areas (music, language, memory training, sports, etc.) where you feel your child gained outsized returns/benefits that help them be a better adult (use your own definitions of better here)?