Originally Posted by George C
Originally Posted by indigo
Originally Posted by solaris
I was horrified by the idea that someone will take the advice to read a poster's history... To me, that feels like an invasion of privacy...
It is difficult to imagine that a person has an expectation of privacy when posting publicly on the internet.
While it may not seem like an invasion of privacy to me, it is nevertheless difficult to believe that other posters would comb through one's posting history...
I also advise being cognizant of one's own public social media presence, their children's public social media presence, and their children's friends' social media presence.

In this age of data collection, including
- whether a student is identified gifted,
- facebook page,
- other web accounts,
people may be wise to carefully consider what they post.

Originally Posted by GeorgeC
I think many find it a little creepy when another poster... goes through your posting history... Such actions invoke feelings of being interrogated
Some may say it is wise to seek clarification and understanding through source documents.

Originally Posted by George
After this topic, I'm tempted to go back and delete most everything I've said on this forum as well.
When choosing to edit and/or delete old posts, posters may wish to consider what is a beneficial contribution to others on the forum ongoing, and what may have been largely/solely for a temporary purpose and/or for their own personal benefit. Posters may also wish to consider the possible impact on their grown children who may read these forums in the future.