To be honest we are always on the fence. We got the testing done because of school requirement, we thought we just had a normally bright kid. He never really practiced with puzzles, so I was baffled when he hit the ceiling for the puzzles as well. He'd do puzzles sporadically in a step function, like once every six months or so. I tried to teach him reading when he was younger, but when I tried to spell the alphabets, he said "Mommy, just read!!". But his reading comprehension was already at chapter book level back when he was at preschool. His reading took off a year ago and he has been on chapter books since, but it took my husband getting home late from work to force him to read the chapter book to himself. We've always been in a play based school, including now at elementary school and he is thriving. My main problem is the summer, I am worried that I might run out of summer programs next year, we already begged to get into the program for 8-12 yo, and I don't know what to do when that is outgrown. He already outgrew the tech programs from a couple companies for that age group, so we will stick to the other provider until he outgrows that too, but I worry that next year he'd say that it is now also too easy.