Originally Posted by Mana
DD was tested by 2 schools and while getting the results was very validating, it didn't offer any solutions.

What did help was letting her choose her own sleep schedule once school ended. Oh my goodness. She is a new child. She now goes to sleep around midnight and then gets up around 11:00 AM. For her, that was the underlying issue that needed to be addressed. I don't know what we're going to do about this once kindergarten starts but for now, I am going to enjoy our peaceful summer together.

Yes!!! I'd examine nap needs, too.

People have natural circadian rhythms that dictate their best times. Mana's DD's day is similar to DS' preferred rhythm. (It has been since he was in utero.) He's in pyjamas by 9:30 or 10pm, and we read and talk until he's had enough. He generally sleeps by midnight (which can tilt as early as 10pm) and wakes around 9-10:30am (as early as 8:00am) with a 3ish hour nap in the afternoon. He can handle 6 hours of being awake before losing it and is not yet ready to lose or trim his nap. Granted during those 6 hour stretches he remains a handful, but a delightful and cooperative one. smile

What is to give light must endure burning.