Summer plans....

High schooler..swim team practice and meets, volunteering hours, may have some AP stuff to do. We looked into an online class but changed our minds. Driving practice as much as possible.

Going into middle school kid...his new school has a two week math camp that he is going to give it a go...if it is remedial, I'll let him quit. The school won't give me good info on it, two week band camp that will be appropriate. Some swimming, some bike riding, lots of reading.

Family week vacation together plus some weekend trips.

Round up...5th grader finishing up year feeling like hot stuff at the school participating in two academic team competitions...one math and one reading. And loved his year as a media center assistant (known as AV club in our day). Three times this year he was master of ceremonies for productions at the school, so lots of opportunity to shine.I wouldn't say best academic year ever...kind of a holding place allowing him time to mature. Everything could have been harder and faster paced....but he got a lot of reading done waiting for everyone else. And he is kind of easy going.

...high schooler made a wonderful transition from middle school, has top grades, had two or three exceptional teachers that really made a difference in his life, the rest weren't shabby (did no harm). He managed his school work, varsity sport and club sport. Took one AP (can't wait for the results) and will take two next year. Confidence up anxiety down...can't ask for more. When the anxiety rears its head we manage to work through it.