We did. PreK through, er-- well, I guess since we entered the school system when DD was in 3rd grade, that would be K through 3, although-- not really, since it was only a solid 18 months or so of what I consider active homeschooling, from when DD was just 4 until she was 6.

Successes:
Love of reading, literature, and word play
Love of science-- authentically so (as in, the process and making observations/hypotheses)
Love of numeracy (we used Singapore Math Primary Maths-- 1a through 3b, and have never again been so happy with a math curriculum)

Failures:
Written expression-- it was simply too easy for her to avoid doing this, and the activation energy required was too high to MAKE her do what she didn't want to. This is a personality issue as much as anything else.

At 6yo, the resistance on the latter front became positively eye-watering for us, and we were increasingly concerned that she was oupacing her written output to such an alarming degree (it was 6-8 grades and widening in reading comprehension and social studies, for example, and about 4-5 grades in science) that it was going to be disastrous to leave it underdeveloped much longer-- the arc of development had her into collegiate level materials before she could possibly cope with the written output, and what would we do then??

And no, this wasn't hypothetical or in the very distant future, by any means-- we weren't worried at first, and figured that it would "all even out" at some point. It wasn't until we started looking at what the arc was shaping up to be in various domains that we got concerned. She'd gone from what seemed to be fairly typical if bright 3yo to a 5yo who could read faster than many adults we know (and, um-- we know a lot of people with terminal degrees), and absorbed whatever she read with such breathtaking speed that she'd gone from more-or-less typical through elementary school content across MANY domains in about a year, maybe a touch more.

We weren't pushing her. She was just reading that avidly.

She could write her name more or less legibly, but otherwise, a single sentence was her limit in terms of written expression.

So, we entered her in the highest grade that her written output could conceivably support (3rd) and opted to strenuously hothouse that written output, which we did for the following 6 years before she "caught up" to grade level.

We saw that as a race against time-- we were providing drag on the other skills so that this one would be college-ready. She made that mark with about 18 months to spare, by the way-- her written output is clearly about 90th percentile, maybe better on a good day, among other high-performing college freshmen. (whew!)

Our satisfaction?

I can't say that I'm unhappy that we homeschooled her. I do wish that her personality had been amenable to that hothousing without the introduction of the cyberschool, because I think that placing her commensurate with her weaknesses taught her to give in to her perfectionistic demons.

She probably SHOULD have been placed at 6th grade upon entry-- if not for the organizational challenges and the writing, I mean. She was ready in most other respects, and it would have been far more suitable for far longer. We did do an additional acceleration, but it should have been two. Maybe three.

Then again, that would have put her into college before her writing and executive skills were ready for it, and would have required a LOT more parental input/oversight.

I don't know, honestly.

I love that homeschooling developed critical thinking skills gently-- through tons of open time to just explore, and to read and dream.

On the flip side of that, however, it didn't do a lot to prepare her to live by the rules of the world at large, and because of her LOG, she had to be ready for that a LOT sooner than most children.

I also can't envision anything but eclectic homeschooling really working for kids at high LOG; their burn rate on curriculum is truly eye-watering.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.