1) how many MOOCs would possibly add up to a year or semester work of towards the equivalent of a high school course or college course
It is my understanding (and I may be wrong), that a high school or college course is typically about 150 hours (ranging from 120-180).
2) whether any online high school programs would accept MOOCs for homeschool transfer credit
It is my understanding that if it is part of your homeschool high school transcript they typically would.
3) any college or university would accept the MOOCs on their own and as part of a homeschool transcript.
It is my understanding that they would accept this for high school credit if it is in your homeschool high school transcript.

I found this recent thread encouraging: MIT study shows MOOCs on par with in-person class, and your previous post about MIT & MOOCs was encouraging as well.

These articles from the Davidson Database may be of interest: Tips for parents: Creating effective transcripts, and Tips for parents: Taking charge of your child's education.

You may also wish to check your local high school graduation requirements, and help your son plan that his transcripts contain equivalent learning experiences (or better) as compared with that number of English Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, PE, and electives.

Because you mentioned 2e, I'll add that Magination Press (American Psychological Association) has a few Children's books about transitioning through adolescence into college with an LD.