Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
I will also say that I had a number of narrative "memories" as a child which were impossible. Truly just impossible. But I was highly imaginative and had a great capacity for genuinely constructing sensory and emotional detail in my head. I wasn't alive at all for some of those events that I "remembered." I have no idea where this idea came from-- but I can still kind of retrieve the "memory" of it. I've wondered for years where it actually came from, and what it might genuinely represent. I think that it probably was inspired by some real series of events-- it's just that my framing is incorrect.

Well, what was it?

I'm stuck with vivid memories of me inflicting physical harm on myself.

Such as "let's climb on top of a wooden rocking chair to get that board game!" (I still have a cute little scar on my forehead to prove that one.)

And "Hey, I'm going to play with that motorcycle that my cousin just got off of and see what happens!". (I definitely recall that this was merely a severe deep second degree burn, since I did not have charred skin, although I had skin discoloration in that area for years and years. And I still cannot figure out how I managed to burn that particular part of my leg on the engine.)