Originally Posted by Portia
Ahhh - thanks HK.

Brilliantcp - Hmmm - this is interesting. Back in the day, the AP course was accepted at colleges a bit more frequently than today. When accepted, I was given a 4 hour credit for say, Chemistry. I was not given a grade, just the credit. So grad schools were ok with the Chemistry - despite it being an AP. None of the med schools at that time (dental schools or vet schools either) required retaking Chemistry. Has this changed in the past 20 years?

In my day (early 80s for those interested), sure you got credit for Chem with the AP score..but it was Chem for the minions. There was a different course that was required of Chem majors, or other science majors or pre-med kids. So if you were a Psychology major you were golden. Chemistry AP counted toward the general requirement for 9 hours of science but if you were a biology major it was just 3 hours of elective science and you took Chem for science majors. BUT that doesn't mean your AP class wasted your time. You were well prepared for the Chem for science majors class and some other kid without that AP class behind him/her might have had to take the class twice.

Last edited by Cookie; 01/17/15 06:23 PM.