Originally Posted by ashley
Originally Posted by geofizz
For better or worse, you now have an ADHD diagnosis. Use it. Request a 504 plan for your child. In the plan, request "a sensory diet" of exercise and activity in the middle of his day, separate from his recess. It can include doing things like being sent on errands carrying books to the library or heading out into the hallway to do pushups and jumping jacks or whatever works for your child..

Yes! I think that you should absolutely take advantage of the diagnosis and ask for accommodations from the school as suggested above! Make the best of the diagnosis the pediatrician handed to you for getting a 504 plan while you figure out if you want a second opinion or to pursue other options. Good luck.

Sounds good but I'm not sure if it would work. Having just gone through setting up a 504 for my son. The documentation for eligibility for the 504 required more information than a checklist from one teacher. It's worth a try and you have enough to start the process. Perhaps the school psychologist will do a better job in the assessment and can be instrumental in working with this teacher.

Last edited by bluemagic; 11/07/14 12:24 PM.