We process differently. I read your post and had it in the back of my mind. All of a sudden, I process it with an emphasis on the fact that your child is a homeschooler and that camp TIP might not be GT but tech, info., programming. Now, I see your problem more clearly, but it took me days to process and the processing was aided by an experience we had yesterday. We are really trying to figure out how our brains work and especially why people who are as genetically connected as a nuclear family still have differences that can seem vast.

That camp is not geared for the gifted student, let alone the homeschooler. I would definitely take the child out. People want to change us. I think it's hardwired. This type of brain doesn't change even though they are bombarding society saying you can change your brain. So, maybe they really don't understand the brain, yet. I am sorry your child had a bad experience. Just be there for him while he tells you about it and breaks it all down for you in detail.

So, people would tell us we have to be in the world the way everyone else is. Then, we wouldn't be us. We want people to accept us for how we are and say that it is okay to be different. Let diversity really be a strength. Let us be around people the way that works for us.