Hi there,

thanks a lot for the answers.

We just had a talks this afternoon with Mr Principal of school #2 and with their 'remedial/advisor' teacher. They listened very careful about the needs of DD and they were honest that while they have had gt kids in the past, none were as gifted as DD so they would have to improvised a little. Advisor teacher seemed quite interested in DD and eager to learn more about giftedness. I told them as well that I really would like to be 'part of the team' to establish the IEP since I am the one that knows best DD and have already found good sources of information.

They agreed that it did not matter if they thought that acceleration was great IF the teacher did not. So they told us that they will talk with the 4 teachers of the 4 grade 1 groups and as well they will think thoroughly if they can offer to DD what she needs. They will call beginning next week.

On the other hand we will have another information evening in the gifted school #3 next Monday, so we will know more details about how and what do they teach. We are getting some contradictory information about these schools, about whether they group by ability or age, and I think this needs clarification. These GT schools are a really new thing here in NL, and sometime it looks like they are 'experimenting'...

DD is picking up on the tension and she is lately .... well ... quite .. ehem... I ended up shouting at her a couple of times. Not good frown

Hopefully we will be able to take a decision by next week!

Ed to add that the good sources of info includes this forum wink

Last edited by Isa; 07/09/08 02:49 PM.