Originally Posted by Isa
And tomorrow I have a meeting with Principal #2, who by the way has already agreed to skip DD to first grade.

That puts choice #2 back in the running for me. smile

Just be sure that if school #2 is making promises, they're promises they can and will keep. (Actually any of the schools, for that matter!)

Not to sound like a cynic, but a school can tell you anything to get you in the door. It's what they deliver that matters.

But, of course, you know that... wink

I just think it's just good to keep your cynic hat firmly on during these sorts of decisions. It's easy to want things to work out so badly that you don't make sure things pass the "sniff test." I consider myself a pretty savvy consumer, but I fell for the "bait and switch" from a pre-K once. It happens.

Oh, and as for all the different opinions we have: I think that's because none of the options (so far at least) looks markedly better or worse than the others. Unless you find out something about one of them that shifts the balance, I think it all comes down to personal preference and the specific needs of your family. And happily, there are worse things than several decent choices! laugh

FWIW...

Kriston