Originally Posted by Pemberley
Thanks for posting your experience PipersMom! I am really looking forward to it. I just hope my DD has the same success with the program that yours did. I will post back about it in August.

About the balance and coordination - my DD has good balance and terrible coordination. She does really well on a horse but can't use a scooter to save her life. She swims like a fish under water but years of swimming lessons haven't helped her above water. At first she took great to ice skating but soon lost the ability - was never able to rollerblade. Like Irena's son she seems to lose a skill if she doesn't keep using it. She is a natural dancer but has real difficulty remembering choreography - no where close to the ability level you would expect after 6 years of dance lessons.

As DH said this morning she's an enigma. I'm just so happy there are other parents here who can relate!

I just had to comment on this because she sounds just like Piper, Pemberley. Watching her use a scooter (or try to) I never knew whether I should laugh or cry..one foot was pretty much ALWAYS on the ground, and she is the same way with swimming as well. There was talk that ICanShine is looking into doing a similar program for swimming, and I'm really hoping they will! She can dog-paddle , and does okay on her back, but that's about it.