DD has a problem with writing--whether it's a learning disability or related to the ADHD (or both), I don't know, but all the teacher wants to talk about is her focus and "holding her accountable". If I sent her links to to graphic organizers the teacher would probably be lost. Already asked if DD could type stories instead (at least try it) which was ignored. It's true that the meds have a profound effect for most kids with true ADHD. But so many other things tend to go along with ADHD. So then we are left with the situation of trying to figure out the med dose and maybe it's too low? Too high? When the med dose might have nothing to do with whatever problem the teacher is seeing. The school psych went into her second grade class last year and observed (at my request), and wrote to me and told me she was perfectly focused and fine, and the teacher agreed with her, so we hit a brick wall. I hope the next school is more receptive to trying to help figure this out.

I had the same concerns with DS lifting up his head. He HATED tummy time. And he had problems pushing up on his arms. In physical therapy now at age 7, he still has problems with that, for instance the therapist will ask him to lie on the floor on his belly with his chest and legs both off the floor and he can barely get his chest off the floor. It's hard for me to figure out what is a "low tone" issue with DS and what is related to coordination. It's probably a little of both. For instance jumping. Are his legs just too weak? Or he can't coordinate the movements? For jumping his legs seem to actually collapse if he jumps off high surfaces (like more than 1 foot high) so I think he must be low tone but why could he stand up at 4 months old then? I never really got a good explanation for why an infant with advanced motor skills could turn into a toddler with delayed motor skills. The neurologist I took him to at age 4 told me he probably has dyspraxia and said that the motor skills become more complex and complicated as kids get older and it's those things that DS has problems with...but walking is pretty basic (but why do so many kids have trouble with that then?).
DS's gross motor skills seemed to plateau first, then the fine motor around age 3. He was actually scoring average on fine motor assessments until age 3, then it was a downward spiral. He went from maybe the 40th percentile to <5th percentile in a matter of a year. Good thing I was on top of the situation and took him in for another eval. So many parents would have seen the 40th percentile and decided that from then on that their child was fine and couldn't have a disability.