Originally Posted by Irena
Originally Posted by blackcat
Irena, are they looking for more kids for their study or is it just kids in a certain geographic area?
DS has already had 2 MRIs and all that shows up is a possible Chiari I malformation.

I'm not sure. I can ask. She is at Princeton University. I think she wants to see what dyspraxic children's brains look like, what are the differences compared with neurotypical children and what do those with dyspraxia have in common.

Interesting. Let me know if they are interested in his MRIs...it probably wouldn't be hard to have the images sent.
He doesn't fit all of the typical dyspraxia symptoms though. For instance many kids with dyspraxia struggle with math, reading, visual spatial ability, etc. and those are strengths for DS. He does have problems with motor sequencing, bilateral coordination, and has low muscle tone. He also has a genetic disorder (I already sent his blood to Harvard for a study regarding that which went no where). His OT commented the other day about how it amazes her that he can understand more complex math than she does, but can't follow directions for tying his shoes.