Originally Posted by MsFriz
For years, the "time and energy needs" of learning everything I could about giftedness and making sure my son was in a good place education-wise was the single best outlet for my own giftedness/intensity. This was an incredibly enriching process and period for me, teaching me volumes about myself and my own educational experience, among other things.

However, my son is in a near-perfect school situation, so there's little for me to do in terms of advocacy for him, and I have only one real-life friend with whom I can safely discuss my passion for gifted issues, so I kind of feel like I'm reaching the limits of what I can do with this line of exploration, unless I become active in gifted advocacy at the local or national level, which I occasionally consider.

I've tried to direct some of my energy and drive elsewhere, with reading, writing, traveling and volunteering (both on my own and with DS), but I don't have any intellectual pursuits in my life right now that are nearly as exciting or fulfilling as those first few years of discovering this forum and all-things-gifted. So, in short, I'm not dealing well at the moment, feeling very bored and restless, looking for the next big thing.

You could work on advocacy on gifted issues at the national level! Gifties everywhere could use the intelligent support of folks like you!! smile

Last edited by aquinas; 03/26/14 11:57 AM. Reason: Corrected misspelling of "intelligent". D'oh!

What is to give light must endure burning.