One of our child's grandparents (who is still alive and likes privacy) grade-skipped one year.

Overall, it was not helpful to my family, in my opinion.

We have asynchronous development, far-reaching brains coupled with immaturity corresponding to birth age (and sometimes feels younger).

That grandparent (I think, due to lack of maturity) never reached full ability on a professional level. This can lead to a gifted person being very frustrated, unhappy, dissatisfied....

I had a professor once who told the class that our learning is cumulative, so don't skip what you are learning today or you might never make it up.

This grandparent married young and that can throw a wrench in career plans.

Also, I have posted before that I saw and heard an interview of a very young man who was working on a college degree in astrophysics, but, to what you would want for your child, communication skills did not match scientific comprehension.

Bill Gates has been documented through interviews to have been a voracious reader as a child in his local, branch library. He did not just study science.

Just our opinion. Follow your instincts. Do what works for you, your child and your family. Good Luck!