DS11 skipped kindergarten with a birthday that was a week past the cutoff for first grade, and this year he skipped 6th grade as well. Since 2nd grade he has been accelerated 2-3 years in math, and now is taking Algebra 1 (and Video Game Design) through the e-school while attending the regular school for his other 5 classes.

He certainly has never been a "perfect student" -- he suffers from near-terminal laziness, mostly due to never having been challenged at anything, and a bad case of perfectionism run rampant in terms of never wanting to try anything new because he might not know the answers on the first try.

We've just kept moving him ahead to try and find something challenging for him and keep him from hating school so much. And, frankly, getting him through school more quickly at this point is reason enough.

I look back and realize that I should have been skipped, but I was a teacher-pleaser and loved schoolwork, even though it was never any challenge. It would have helped me tremendously to have learned to study and work at something along the way.