Originally Posted by fwtxmom
Irena, it occurs to me that while you have been documenting but the district has been counter-documenting. Can you imagine it in court? You: "And on x date, Teacher Y again failed to provide a scribe for DS when requested." "But here we have Defense Exhibit 100, yet another email from Principal Depraved stating that the scribing DID happen." It strikes me that the district has faced this issue before and gotten some sneaky lawyer advice on how to avoid consequences for their IEP failures in court.

Yes, this is what gets me too. That is exactly what's happening and it also has the added benefit to the principal of sucking me into an infuriating he said-she said fight wherein my emotions make me look badly. However, having an attorney helps that. Fortunately, I haven't actually "lost it" on the school in any way that makes me look badly/crazy but have come close. Also the last two times, my attorney pointed out principal didn't clearly deny the violation and told me that what we have is enough for documentation purposes - and also pulling me back from engaging in an argument with principal which could make me look badly and which would motivate him to make a clear denial. So I guess that is good. But yeah. Hence, my wish to get out of there ...