Originally Posted by polarbear
I can't tell you how much better life was once we were in a school where the teachers had respect of the students needs, where they listened to parents and where they were honest about what they could and couldn't do in the classroom (as well as being open and transparent with what they did do, and who followed through with requests from us to try accommodations etc).

I dream of this - particularly I dream of a " school where the teachers had respect of the students needs" where they understand dysgraphia.

It sounds like you're at the place where you are spending a huge amount of time and effort advocating, and you're not making equitable progress. You're at the point I'd jump ship. If you go for OOD placement, keep documenting.

Yes. That is exactly where I am. I'd love to just send him to this school have in mind. It gets RAVE reviews. It seems transformative for kids with dysgraphia and dyslexia. The special ed attorneys I know say that is really where my kid needs to go... even for a couple of years.

I wish so much I could do it for my DS. But it is over $30,000 per year. It's also not close or convenient to our home. But the biggest obstacle is the price.

Wishing you the best!.

Thanks smile

Last edited by Irena; 02/19/14 06:48 PM.