misdiagnosis is very common among to gifted children. You have to observed him at home.Especially weekends among with his friends. My son has same issues at school but Iam pretty sure that he doesn't have ADHD because, he doesnt behave liked that at home, because we are moderately giving the every information he wants and thats make him cool down.His teacher doesnt understand how smart he is. he is learning too fast so they have to teach him qickly.I said to teacher can you teach him a high school stuf. They rolled their eyes.but i said just one time , please.May be this way you can understand what i am trying to say. So they tried that just once to close my mouth but bingo. Teacher was shocked. She said that "I read a one paragraph of article about a ear even i didnt understand the some part of it and after reading the article I asked the class what is it about. MS had held his hand up(According to his teacher, he was the only one in the class the aware of what was going on ) and explained what the paragraf about and tried the talked about more things. he had been exited. But Later his teacher said to me that still something was wrong about him . howcome he cant show this in the classroom.So They send me to Pediatric neorologist.That was beginning of the first garde. This stuation is getting worse, To day when MS was doing his homework. I showed him 3th grade multipication test book and told him If you do your homework.I will let you do 5 questions in this difficult book. It worked well.After finish his homework He said that to me ""For me mommy difficult thing to get focus the easy stuff. multipications are easy to focus because knew. He is a mart boy knows himself very well. It makes our heart ache. ( I am not letting him to do stuf he doesnt figure out himself)
You have to see you son in regular playdate. When he sees his friends in regular based. I believe his behavior changed at the birthdayparties. One more thing my son daesnt like to lose either bur year by year he is getting better to control his emotions

Last edited by xsantos; 02/10/14 09:51 PM.