2013 was a mixed bag for us. Things changed for the better when we pulled DS out of his PS that was a mismatch and put him into an academic oriented private school. But, we are still afterschooling to meet his need for acceleration.
We got 2 excellent mentors for DS for his extra curriculars - they have already helped us in several ways.
2013 also drove home the point to me that, as a parent, if I did not handle issues with DS's educational needs earlier on, those issues will come back to bite me multifold at a later date. As a parent, I have made some miscalculations regarding my child's educational needs and I reaped the consequences of those in many departments - from decline in behavior, lack of any motivation, personality changes, decline in work ethic, arrogance that everything was "too easy" etc in my child.

2014: we are testing for entry to yet another private school that claims to meet my child's acceleration needs.
We are going to add in more activities where my child can meet a more advanced peer group.
Focus more on second language acquisition.