Yes, this seems like normal 2yo behavior.

Lacking impulse control? Normal. Hitting? Normal. Being bossy? Normal.

I wouldn't even think GTness has anything to do with these issues. They're just normal 2yo stuff. Maybe the bossiness can be exacerbated by GT bossiness, but virtually ALL 2yos are bossy! crazy I think your son has the bad luck of being in an abnormally calm and controlled class.

The clapping thing sounds like a joke! (Sorry, but that's my response!) If he had the self-control to clap, wouldn't he have the self-control to not hit?

As I said, assuming there's no other evidence of emotional problems--and if there is, that's a different story and you should seek help that isn't free ( wink )--don't let them make a mountain out of a molehill. 2yos hit. You tell them no. They hit again. You tell them no again. Eventually they realize that it's a bad choice and they stop.

Saying thing like "We don't play with people who hit" and then leaving him alone for a "time out from other people" can help, especially for a child who likes to be social. Losing whatever he was hitting to try to get from the other child helps. Saying "Use your words, not your fists" sometimes helps. But kids hit. <shrug> You just have to work through it.

Kriston