I posted about this in another thread about our journey with vision therapy but thought more might see (and find) this in its own thread.

I have a tall nearly 7 yr old DS who is newly diagnosed Dyspraxic and has a number of vision issues (convergence insufficiency, occulomotor delays, accommodative insufficiency, and tracking problems). He is also ADHD, has a general anxiety disorder, and not surprisingly cannot ride a bike. He only became able to pedal successfully last summer and still got "stuck" sometimes. He outgrew his old bikes and trikes. We have a new bigger bike that has been a disaster.

Socially this is beginning to be a limiting (and embarrassing) factor for him. Little boys ride bikes together and talk about their bikes. He is missing out and staying indoors more and more.

So what have those of you with your 2e kiddos used to successfully solve the Bike Problem?

I recently ordered one of these: Ybike Explorer Go Kart
My son responds highly to the bucket seat special needs swings at the parks so I thought the bucket seat would feel secure on that toy. It is also low to the ground and the steering should challenge him because of the bimodal mechanism. It is only pedal powered and looks cool so he will feel good about that. I still have not received it so no clue how it will actually work for him.

But I am still hoping to learn from others who have worked with older kids trying to master Bike Riding. So much of the "helps" don't fit big kids. So what have you used/done both successfully and not so much?