I've read that one before and what really stuck with me was the comment about turning to the student and asking, "Did you do that?". How demeaning for a teacher! A person in authority who is, in their presence, being asked by a child if their account of an event happened or not. Kids lie to get out of trouble. (This is not apropos in accusations of abuse, of course.)

Overall, I have to agree with the article. Teachers are pushed to the limit by parents.

Quoting: This one may be hard to accept, but you shouldn't assume that because your child makes straight A's that he/she is getting a good education. The truth is, a lot of times it's the bad teachers who give the easiest grades, because they know by giving good grades everyone will leave them alone. Parents will say, "My child has a great teacher! He made all A's this year!"

Wow. Come on now. In all honesty, it's usually the best teachers who are giving the lowest grades, because they are raising expectations. Yet, when your children receive low scores you want to complain and head to the principal's office.

---
I really hope my son (6) doesn't encounter a teacher who will give him an A just to pacify his father and me. I expect the school to grade him on his true performance...and that performance at the level in which he is capable...regardless of age. I know I may not like to hear the teacher's comment, but does she really "have it out for my kid?" Probably not.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney