Originally Posted by Cricket2
For instance, and this is a very small anecdote, but I know two kids locally who had high CogAT and/or OLSAT scores but average scores on the WISC with no unusual scatter on the WISC indicating depressed scores from a 2e issue or something else. They both also had high working memory and processing speed on the WISC relative to their other WISC indices leaving me wondering if one can appear gifted on a group test through a combo of high speed, memory, and in the box thinking, none if which would necessarily say "gifted" to me.

This leads to a thought I've had floating around recently particularly as my readings have been on very memory focused subjects. Basically is there a range of gifted that is reasonably successful, but overlooked and undernourished because their outlier skill is in long term memory?

Even to go as far as eidetic memory without a strong abstract reasoning/g level. It seems they would work well with some special differentiation that plays to their strengths. They may be even poorer advocates for themselves than the g-loaded gifted. Where the abstract reasoner is building out vocabulary rapidly from context, the memory talented might do better with early dictionary training. shrug