This past year, our son has attended a private school that prohibits any clothing with logos, pictures, etc.

As an artist, it's been awful for me; mostly because I had already purchased some wonderful outfits for my son (6) to wear for this past year. But, because of a poor "fit" (pun intended) with the public school, we transferred to this private facility.

Next year, I'm happy to report, he will attend a different school and is free to express my sense of color and form. I say, "my" because he's an uninterested by-stander in the wardrobe department. He will color coordinate, but that's his fashion limit.

How many gifted children who love color and freedom must conform to the strict limitations of uniforms? Is this something that makes each day less to celebrate for your child?

I know some of you have children who interpret days of the week in color. I understand that on a lower level. By that I mean I find myself automatically coordinating my own clothing with my son's. I set out his clothes each night and somehow manage to automatically choose complimentary colors or matching colors naturally for myself the next morning.

DS pointed out that we were both in all blue today and that is what prompted this post.

Last edited by Ametrine; 05/15/13 06:22 PM.