ElizabethN,

That's good to know.

So the Woodcock-Johnson test doesn't require any writing? Our doctor was planning to use the WIAT again. We had a writing subtest separate from math and reading, but I think in the versions for older children, the writing is mixed in. For example, my guess is that children are timed when writing math problems. I could be wrong though. Can anyone chime in on this?

My understanding is that academic testing is used to diagnose dysgraphia, so if a child scores high in writing, then he/she clearly doesn't have dysgraphia. My son was diagnosed because most scores were very high except when writing was required. Various motor tests and his developmental history back up the diagnosis. Was your child diagnosed the same way? Does she have an IEP?

I doubt the Doctor we have will want to use a test he isn't familiar with, but it's good to know that other test options are out there. I'm unlikely to pay for additional testing just to get into Davidson, but it's nice to know that there are options that exclude the disability effect, so that you can get a true picture of where your child is academically.

Has Davidson's been helpful for you?