metis, you asked about whether or not you should seek out a tester who is experienced in 2e when your ds has his next evaluation. I think it would be really good to seek out a tester with that type of expertise, but they are also not easy to find or access depending on where you live. My advice is that if it's going to be a huge expense to try to find a tester with 2e expertise, also try simply looking for a pediatric neuropsychologist with a good reputation. We have a 2e EG ds who has a WISC profile similar to your ds - so I suspect your ds' challenges may be similar - our ds has a fine motor disability due to dyspraxia which impacts his handwriting (and other things). He's been given the WISC three times as well as the WJ-III (all the repeats are over the years for different reasons - gifted program entry, neuropsych eval for LD, school eligibility for IEP, repeat neuropsych for middle school). He's never seen a psych who either specialized in gifted or 2e, but has instead been tested by private psychs who are more often called upon when a child is struggling and a school psych who was nothing short of a pain in the unmentionable to ds during his testing. DS' IQ subtest profile has been exactly the same over all that repeated testing with different evaluators. If anything, I personally think the most important part of testing is finding a provider who has a good rapport with children and a good reputation among the medical professionals you know.

That said, if I could take my ds to the Eides, I would do it in a heartbeat - not because I think his IQ scores would come out any differently, but because they specialize in kids with similar profiles and because I would love to have their advice. OTOH, I have gotten very good advice from our local neuropsych and I've gotten test results I can trust. With those, I've been able to research and advocate successfully.

Best wishes,

polarbear