Thanks guys. It sure is confusing a lot of the time trying to figure this little guy out.

Dude, you are right about music hitting him hard because he is so sensitive. He hears details in songs that even I had not noticed. (and I am a musician!)I think he feels the music and hears the details so strongly it gets overwhelming to him. It goes so much deeper for him than just liking or disliking a song. I really, truly affects him on a soul level.....at age 3....

Ultramarina, I read up on synesthesia and it was a very interesting read. Hard to know if that is a possibility at this point. Not sure he would be able to express it for me to know if he experiences this or not. I guess time will tell.

Lovemydd, "You are wrong!", I hear this a lot! I try to be casual about things he freaks out about, but he is impossible to distract (always has been). If I were to ask how many kids like the rug he would say "NO ONE!" He doesn't fall for anything. He knows what you are trying to do and won't play into it. Like when he asks me to look at something and I am doing something else so I just SAY "Oh yeah, I see!", even though I didn't. (Please tell me we all do this....:-) He will say "No you didn't see because you were turned THAT way so you couldn't see it!" Or if I say "Mmhmm" he gets very bothered. He says he wants me to say yes or no, not mmhmm.

Ahhhh....

I am pretty sure SPD is not an issue so maybe it is like you said Dude, just part of the total package. I like the idea of the cup filling up. I have to be more aware of that.