Originally Posted by stacy
The good thing is he really enjoyed taking the IQ test (he said it was easy...probably was...he just wasn't fast enough) so that may help motivate him to do it again.
Oh, one other thing re this. Just so you know, the only parts of the WISC that are timed are the block design and the PSI subtests (coding and symbol search) so taking a long time would not depress scores on any other parts unless the tester just decided that he didn't know the answers and moved on. From what I recall, the SB-V is even less timed than that and speed should not be an issue on that. It may have just been a case of poor rapport this time around.

Since you also mention the possibility of ADD, my 2e kid is HG and has ADD. They typical pattern for ADD on the WISC, from what I understand, is to have lower WMI scores as well as lower PSI scores. This report from the publisher gives typical score patterns for various disabilities although it, unfortunately, does not include how these look when both gifted and the disability are in play: