I was feeling a little isolated last night when I went out with a group of mom friends. We were all catching up with each other and talking about how our kids are doing. Our kids all go to different schools and someone asked about how my kids were liking school. I said that they had great teachers this year and DS just got a new teacher that he really likes. One friend, who knows about the skip, chimed in to say that my DS was now in first grade. I felt a little awkward because I hadn't really meant to bring it up because it always feels like bragging. I was surprised to find out that the other moms didn't even know it was allowed or possible to get a skip!

They were very curious about DS and wanted to know what kind of things he is interested in. I told them that he right now he is really into Descartes' Cove and keeps bugging me to play it with him. I wanted to say more but I just left it at that...I don't think they are familiar with the game. I feel like I can't really talk about the stuff that he does with any of my friends...