Originally Posted by Nik[quote=aculady
Have you considered seeing if she would qualify for admission to CIP in addition to counseling and meds?

Well, this is the first I have heard of this program, on the one hand it seems great but the price YIKES! Also, the testimonies sound very much like my DD but the pics and descriptions seem to indicate a much higher-need population and that would really upset her to be put in an environment of higher needs students.

[/quote]

The program assesses students and places them at the level of individual support that they need, which can bring the price down if they really are not requiring daily intensive support. I went to an informational session for CIP Brevard, and several of the students in the program spoke at the session. The Asperger's students in the program who spoke were not people that would necessarily stand out if you passed them on campus, and all seemed to be gifted or highly gifted, but with executive function challenges, anxiety, and problems dealing with professors, navigating romantic relationships, and scheduling, regulating, and pacing study and rest. All had previously been admitted to excellent schools and then "crashed and burned" for various reasons related to their disabilities and level of coping skills. From what you indicate, your daughter may not be "higher need" in the sense of needing reminders to shower or do her laundry, but she certainly is "higher need" in the areas of being able to show up to class, complete and turn in assignments, and advocate for herself, which are pretty basic for success in college.