Coll and polarbear,

Yes you really do seem to understand me...thank you!

Someone who could interpret scores so far would be a good start I�m also curious about additional testing to get another profile that will allow me to understand and support her with any home support I can do and, if needed, accommodations at school but I�m not holding my breath based on previous experiences. But I might try if I had the write words/guidance.

Also I�d like to have a framework to help her learn about herself and her learning styles since she�s getting more mature and more on board with learning structured ideas to help make things more smoothly. She�s learning that if the work she�s required to do goes more efficiently, there is more time for her to do what SHE wants to do!

A big concern is that school makes her completely exhausted, which cycles into a difficulty getting her out into the world where she really has fun and meets a variety of people. She is very outgoing. Her OT says she must have to do a tremendous amount of compensating, not just from the gifted perspective (being under challenged and most kids not knowing what she�s talking about unless she acts silly) but she also has �accute hearing� (oversensitive - though she gets more tolerance as each year goes by - when it gets too loud it�s like she can�t hear anything at all), coordination disorder, left/right challenges. Pretty disorganized from a left-brain perspective, very visual-spatial.

DD has a fantastic photo-type memory and does rely on it. I don't know to what extend but I think when she is in circumstances where she can't do her little compensation routine she gets upset. During vision exams we found she's cheated for a couple of years, probably, and was well overdue for lenses. This last place she went to they picked up on it, there were very bright med students and she wasnt' going to fool them. DD said "HEEEEEYYYYY!" she was pretty shocked. They had a screen where they could change the letters quickly and did.

Teacher says �alot of the kids are tired� but my daughter isn�t hyper-scheduled, very little screen time, she has lots of time for relaxing at home, games/drawing/building, messing around. We eat dinner at home the same time every day and she has a 8-3:30 bedtime (gettting up about 6:30 am). She walks about a mile a day to and from school on school days. She is otherwise healthy, eats nice healthy diet, can go like an energizer bunny during the summer...can spend literally hours in the water with plenty of energy to do something else afterward. It�s school that just really seems to shatter her. Organization not too good with remembering paperwork, etc., but is this maturity, her learning style, because she gets tired there or due to a LD, or are the two interrelated?

Her reading group has been reading the same book since September. I don�t really understand what they do. DD says they have to keep reading over and over the same things to build fluency. We just had the conference after Thanksgiving and there is not another report card until June. March conferences include the kids so you have to be careful what you say etc. I�m really into not rocking the boat at all this year. Just want to get more info/possible scores to continue to help out of school, develop her talents interests to build up her confidence.

As for previous tests...

KABC-II in K long-term storage and retrieval, visual processing, crystalized ability all 99th/99.9th or �>99.9th� except for �Short Term Memory� 79th percentile (which is considered �high average�). It looks like the short term memory went into calculating the full scale.

The reading study at a university is just sort of a coincidence. She started in K and it�s long term. They don�t offer interpretation but you get the scores. From one year to another (haven�t received this year�s yet) everything on the CPOTT is over 90th percentile except memory for digits and nonword repetition, well below 50th percentile) and blending words is in the mid 70th percentile.

TOWRE is all above 90th.
PPVT-III is 95th
WJ-III subtests story recall, understanding directions, picture vocabulary, oral comprehension all in high 90s percentile.
GORT-4 99th

She seemed more comfortable reading upside down until start of 2nd grade. She started reading about 3 � she had her own process. I didn�t work with her but answered any questions she had. Handwriting an issue from the beginning but I just thought they started too early.

Still needs to make an effort to remember to correct upper/lower case, has a hard time with left/right (doesn�t take dance any more, as teachers are more serious with other kids and it�s not cute any more to be so off from the rest of the class, she refuses to participate). Organized sports, we just don�t bother any more. She swims in free pool time, walks, bikes, scooters, plays around.

The school has been given the scores in an effort to understand her/us advocating for academic fit. This never happens. The school has never tested her with their own tests and never mentions our stuff. We tried pushing it last year since she was having a hard time (very frustrated, learning nothing, not �meshing�) but they refused to test her. I have kept the snappish e-mail from the principal, for my own sanity if nothing else, since nobody would probably believe it if I told them. The pull-out program is enrichment only, little projects and things...very political, she wasn�t recommended and we didn�t bother pressing the issue. She mostly responds to home study and getting out into the world.

She meets her targets for the grade they keep her in (has never been accelerated due to their concerns re social/emotional). Sometimes aces tests, sometimes shakey. I don�t always understand the difference of what�s happening, if it�s how she feels or how they�ve learned, how the test is structured.

We do OT privately. Help from a pediatric ophthalmologist is helping with vision/convergence issues. I have mentioned it in conferences and written notes (responding to complaints such as difficult handwriting, hard time tying shoes) but it doesn�t amount to any discussions with regard to accommodating/helping her. There are 20 kids in the class with an aide and a special ed teacher. Suburban setting.

Thanks again for your replies.