Is your dd in a "reading study" group based on high ability or because she's shown signs of struggling with reading (or some other entirely unrelated reason)? If she's been identified by the school as struggling or if you've worried about specific things you've noticed (such as having a tough time learning phonics, stumbling over words when she reads outloud... etc...) then I'd definitely look into further testing or ask for help with deciphering the testing you already have. FWIW, I think it's also possibly telling that your dd shines in groups outside of school but not in school - yes, that could be all due to lack of intellectual challenge in school... but maybe part of the picture is a struggle related to reading or short term memory which is used in school but can be worked around in other situations?

I don't know that I can help with advice relevant to your dd's situation, but I can share a little bit about testing and my own 2e kids - I have two 2e kids, one of whom has dysgraphia and possibly stealth dyslexia (as defined by the Eides), the other has struggled with reading and testing shows she has a challenge with associative memory (but isn't dyslexic). Both of my 2e kids have discrepancies in their IQ testing in one specific area - it's a different area for both, but in the case of my ds his scores in that area are in the low-mid average percentile and for my dd her scores are around the 25th percentile. Just looking at those scores by themselves they don't look like anything huge - just a simple blip in sets of otherwise high scores, and once you average them out, poof! They disappear smile But they play out in a *huge* way in terms of academic functioning (and life functioning) for each child, so for a child such as your dd who is scoring in the superior and very superior range on other IQ subtests, yes, it's quite possible that a dip down below average percentile in one subtest *might* mean something significant.

Although we haven't gotten quite as lengthy reports as Coll smile we have gotten specific suggestions on how our kids' challenges will impact them and what types of remediation we should pursue as well as what accommodations they should have at school. My recommendation is to look into private neuropsych testing if it's not out of reach financially (we were able to have it covered through our insurance). If private testing isn't going to be possible, then make a request for testing for LD/reading through your school.

I'm sorry if I veered off-track - I think from your OP you were looking to test again to qualify for DYS and were concerned one area might pull a score down, but from the rest that you wrote my advice is to look for testing to better understand what's up with the low areas of your dd's profile, and chances are you'll get the ability vs achievement testing you need for DYS through that.

Best wishes,

polarbear