He does have inattention at home - he will be so focussed at whatever he is doing or looking at he doesn't notice when someone calls his name, he gets distracted in doing a task and has to be reminded (like "hey, remember to put the other sock on and button your pants"). But he can concentrate on something that he's interested in for hours. Literally. He is a master of delayed gratification (saves money, reward tokens and then allows himself to use some of it when he has reached a goal (like he'll decide to spend 10 of his tokens on an hour of movie time once he's gotten to 200 tokens or only eat 2 pieces of his smarties so he has some for after dinner). I thought kids with ADHD had real difficulty with delayed gratification.

I do plan on having him re-evaluated with someone with experience with gifted kids/2e kids, but we have to fly out of state to do that so it won't happen for about 5 months.

I'm not opposed to meds, just want to make sure that that's the right direction and all other possibilities have been ruled out.

I think I've read every book out there I can find. Misdiagnosis and duel diagnosis is excellent.

Last edited by dv8; 11/21/11 04:40 PM.