Hi all,
I tried to find another post on this so I'm not repeating something already discussed, but I couldn't find anything-so here it goes:

I know there's a lot of literature that supports grade skipping and/or acceleration. I'm just wondering how that actually plays out (esp. multiple grades). My son is only five, but he's terribly bored in K (he's been accepted as DYS just to give some sort of frame of reference). The school should be complete w/testing him academically to see where he fits according to the district's curriculum.

We're anticipating that he's at the very least about two years ahead of where he should be. The question will now become what to do about it. The school is not opposed to grade skipping/subject acceleration (so they say), but they are concerned about a five yr. old being placed in a class w/7 maybe even 9 yr. olds.

Multiple grade skips may not be as much of an issue when a child is older, but at this young age, we're a bit concerned. He's been acting out behaviorally (I addressed this in another post) and not the most mature five yr. old.

So, just wondering if anyone else has had experience (s) w/similar type of situation.

Thanks!