Hi all, hopefully someone can offer a suggestion or two because we're at a loss!

Brief background--my son is five yrs. old, just started K and is a DYS. On one hand, he likes K, on the other hand, he's completely bored (no surprise). Academically, they say they can enrich him in reading (although he is reading chapter books, so I'm not sure what they'll do in a K class where kids are starting to sound out words), but math is another story. The problem is twofold: one, it's a K-3 bldg. and he can probably complete most of the curriculum in Math already. Two, socially he's having problems (also no surprise). He doesn't know how to relate to the other kids and which often results in behaviors that are disruptive (knocks down other kids' blocks, does karate chops in the air, gets in kids' faces, acts silly etc.) He was recently suspended b/c another girl asked him to hit her, so he did. He explained to us that he thought he was doing the right thing since she asked him to do it (uh boy...).

Anyway, that being said, they're concerned that his behavior isn't necessarily exclusive of the whole gifted/academic thing and suggested a psycho education eval (whatever that is). He's not socially inept or anywhere on any kind of spectrum. He does take a science class after school (has been since last year) where they said he's completely fine. He takes a Jiu Jitsu class where he (at times) is also fine (sometimes he does misbehave and acts silly there too).

Soooo....the question is, what to do with him. Grade skip? How many grades? They think that if he acts like this in K, how will he behave in a higher grade level? (there's also a part of him that likes K). Subject Acceleration? Where? The third grade? Another bldg? He's only five yrs. old. Socially, is this typical of gifted kids or is he just a quirky kid?

We have a mtg. today w/teacher, principal and psychologist (who has already read his IQ and Achievement test and admitted he's never really seen a kid like my son and has little experience w/gifted kids in general)

If anyone has taken the time to read this, thank you--any input would be a huge help.