donnapt-in the past, I would not have considered it. I have another DD4.5, who is a high energy, noisemaker. Even the homeschool environment might have been disruptive. However, I just put DD4.5 in a new private school, in a preK/K class and it's really stimulating to her, so...

I do work from home and we do have at least 2 "easy" homeschool options...we have a school for homeschooling (they have one classroom day a week, clubs, etc). We also have the option of an online homeschool that also has field trips, clubs, etc...The online one is part of our District as well, so it's free and with that one, she could work as fast as she wanted. They have gifted classes and even profile an 11 year old 8th grade student in the brochure.

Other options include trying our local school that does have gate classes and I am also looking at two charters, one of which is a museum school.

We do have lots of options if we leave this school, but we chose this school because I thought we would be able to have options, even if we had to ask for them, but it seems like not. I think the same small size we chose it for might mean that kids at the extreme ends of the learning spectrum are not well served and wind up leaving...we thought there would be more tolerance and flexibility in the smaller environment, but it's seeming more like the opposite, that because there's less kids, when one acts out of the norm, it's more obvious, so the teachers are even more pressured to squash that.

I just need to make sure before I go pulling the poor kid out of the main social environment she has, you know? We live in a condo and there's only one girl she sometimes plays with (that I don't think is a very good match for her, but...) so school is herr main place to be with other kids right now

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...