I agree with aculady (also a homeschooler here)

2giftgirls, do you have the ability to homeschool your dd? It sounds as if she has completely lost her love of learning due to lack of challenge and a learning environment that does not suit her needs. I think learning in itself should be the reward not some artificial reward for doing "too easy, mind numbing" work.

My dd9 has a lot of input in what she learns and how we go about doing it. We homeschool and have from the start. Every year dd and I discuss what went well the year before and what she thinks she might like to learn about. There are certainly the non-negotiable subjects like math, reading, writing, etc...

History and science topics are generally chosen by me but when she is really interested in something we study it more in depth and if something doesn't captivate her, we simply do the minimum. She was already learning Spanish then asked to learn Gaelic (Irish music and culture is very big in her life right now) so now she is learning both languages. She asked to do more crafts and art so I include it more than we would if it weren't an interest and provide her with supplies to do it on her own time as well. She wanted to write her own "novel" so she has time to do that and when we edit together, she learns about grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc... With math, I had tried two different curricula with her and she preferred the online one so we went with that.

We work mostly as a team for her learning though I do reserve the right to have the final say.

Donna, mom to ds15, ds13, and dd9.

www.ptmom.blogspot.com