Thanks for all the support! One of my main issues is that my husband does not at all agree that our son has Asperger's. He has very little patience with him and it is very stressful for our entire household. Also, he has empathy and cries if his little sister gets hurt, etc.

Has anyone ever done the brain scans for their children? Have you found them to be helpful in understanding where a child might need more support?

I agree that we should ask for more testing time for him, but do they even consider that for someone who has average processing?

Grinity - what do you do to support your child and help them cope?

you are right that he seems completely normal and every single person I have told about his diagnosis has said, "that sounds like normal 7/8 year-old boy behavior. I can't stress to them that they haven't been hearing from their child's teacher almost every day regarding complaints over his behavior since preschool. It is difficult because as soon as he gets in trouble a couple times, he gets no leeway with teachers or students and the students are eager to catch him doing something wrong, so he gets in trouble more and more often.

Any suggestions for helping the two of us and convincing my husband would be appreciated.

Thanks!