What would you tell somebody they couldn't say? Does it really bother you when people talk about their kids and their families? Obviously other people cringe when posters present themselves like they have an agenda. I cringe when people shut other people up. I cringe when someone posts their story and isn't received how they wanted to be. I also cringe when I feel I've said too much. I cringe when I say the wrong thing, but then I cringe so hard I immediately say something to make it better. A cringe-list ban consideration column has been started on one side of the paper.
On the other side is a vision for the future of the forum. What do you want it to grow into? Endangered are the days when people posted live iq scores, probably the only place it ever happens, just acknowlegement of something that's real. It seems like there's a strong support system for educational advocacy for an appropriate fit from BTDT mothers and archives of articles and studies. I think there's some professors and professionals and others, so, it's nice to talk. There's a lot of nature vs nurture discussions, and interest in discussing designing a better educational structure for the whole country, and biological or emotional gifted traits talks. Maybe that could go in an adult conversation area. Young adults drift through wanting to share their tale, but they don't need a section. They just tell their story once and take off. That's the thing, if you make an adult conversation area they would come here when they should be going to gifted haven. This place is for the parents.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar