I'm not sure that I'd be comfortable with status quo on this one. While she may be happy to an extent, the perfectionism is something that we found to improve with a skip and I don't like the idea of no real peers either. My younger dd has been in that situation for most of elementary. She's a tremendously outgoing kid but she mostly had acquaintances and no real friends who she felt really got her at a deep level.

Your mention of her tiring of needing special accommodations also reminds me of my dd12 when she was 8-9 y/o. She started that school year as one of the only kids in her class leaving for a reading pull-out daily and told me that she just wanted to be "normal" for once and not stand out as the odd kid who went somewhere different. I couldn't bring myself to remove her from the pull-out, though, b/c, like your dd, it was still much too simple for what she needed and she was so far ahead in language arts that the regular classroom would have been a ridiculous placement.

It really sounds to me like your dd is more able than either of my kids. I realize that all HG+ kids don't need to skip grades and I have one who is 2e who won't be doing more than subject acceleration in one area. I have another, though, for whom the grade skip was one of the best decisions we made (followed by ignoring the advice to redshirt her for K b/c of where her bd fell.)

Is subject acceleration a possibility at all at your school? I'd agree that the failed skip at the other school is likely coloring your dd's views. She is still a very young child although it is hard to remember that when she's so bright. No matter how able, young kids don't bring the life experience to the table that adults do. I'd try hard to see if the school and your dd can get on board with subject acceleration in at least math and/or language arts. Perhaps after a while of that, she'll be more open to skipping.