Yes, I know I make no sense, but I promise its of no fault of my own. I had unsuccessfully argued that since she scored 99%, there was no reason for her to remain in first grade. But they insist that she has to score a 75% in the grade level she would be placed in, so that she is successful and doesn't struggle. Trust me, I know it makes no sense, you are preaching to the choir. She has to stay at the grade level where she is bored in, and can only advance if she will be bored there, too.

The AAAA is the Academic Ability, Aptitude and Achievment part of the Scale.

The other parts are the
School and Academic Factors
Developmental Factors
Interpersonal Skills
Attitude and Support

The "official criteria" for subject acceleration for my district says:
------------------------------------
Academic Ability, Aptitude and Achievement (AAAA) Subtotal score <10 points and/or Grand Total score<60 points

Components of this score include:
Quantitative:
-Full Scale IQ =115+
-Two years above grade level on achievement test in reading and/or math in subject(s) to be accelerated with a score of 75 percentile of higher (ex: a 2nd grader would take a 4th grade test and score in the 75% or higher.)
-On grade level achievement test score of 95 percentile or higher in subjects to be accelerated.
-------------------------------

No, the <10 points is not a typo, that is how it is written there. I am trying to figure out if the people responsible for educating my children don't know the difference between a < or > or if its actually <10 points, because the criteria for Whole Grade advancement is 10+ points.

http://aig.ucps.k12.nc.us/documents/plan_standard4.pdf
page 46 of 66 "k-8 services acceleration option"

Last edited by Weids13; 06/03/11 12:12 PM.